What is Facebook? Talking about Facebook’s Conference – Episode 72
Today we get to hear all about how Facebook is going to take over the world! Or, the internet is probably where this is going. Facebook’s Conference or the F8 conference is back, and it has nothing to do with Facebook. What? Yes, Facebook talked about VR/AR, Messenger, photo tools, a “save” button, but, there was not mention of cool features for Facebook. Facebook has slightly abandoned its first love… being a place for friends. Messenger is now the Facebook of 2004. It’s the cool thing to do. Oh, we all get bots. Yes, bots are the new thing in social media. Instead of talking to a real person, we will enjoy talking to a robot. There’s a bright future in anti-social, social media. Facebook, you were once a great social network, now, I think you’re just a digital wasteland or a hub. Time will only tell which one is true.
Facebook’s Confere and other topics I talk about:
- Facebook has a 360 camera if you 30k
- Facebook adds a “save” button to the web
- Facebook has a live hub, but normal people cannot go live
- Facebook adds bots to it’s Messenger
- Facebook will add sponsored messages to Messenger
- Facebook wants you to upgrade your profile pic with their apps
- Instant Articles is open to all publishers
- Google ramps up security for those “social engineering” websites
- Twitter adds playlist to moments
- Smart homes have terrible security
- and more!
Apps to try:
Is there any way Facebook could be saved? Should it be?
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Facebook will become a digital hub or a wasteland.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Publishers should be using Instant Articles.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]The bot invasion has begun.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Google is always bringing us to “safety.”[/epq-quote]