Diversity. It’s all the talk in every group in America. The conversation is usually about the lack of it. Gaming is not impervious to these one-sided arguments. Rarely researched, people throw out diversity for the sake of news. The way most people talk about it is, on a superficial level. There’s a mental checklist of what diversity should include. The main points are race, sex, and sexual orientation. A diversity of thought is always left out. We are not concerned with different opinions. Different opinions are bad. Unfortunately, some developers are riding this train too. Talking about a”lack of diversity,” it always revolves around race, sex, and sexual orientation. Writers should be more concerned about the depth of their characters. I’m like the direction Rocket League is going. Adding basketball should be a fun alternative to a great game. Now, onto the episode!
Gaming News I Discuss and You Need to Know:
- The Division is getting trading, inclusion in next update
- The backpack bug will be patched soon in The Division
- Doom gets a live-action trailer
- Hitman episode 2 release next month
- Metal Gear and Farcry are getting survivor modes
- Microsoft explains their universal gaming app
- Play Unravel for free
- Rainbow Six Siege gets and update
- Hyper X Cloud Revolver price set at $120
- Tribe: Ascend gets an update
- Rocket League adds basketball in April
- and more!
Question of the Day:
Is there a lack of diversity in gaming?
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]The diversity argument is superficial at best.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]I’m really excited for Doom. It takes me back to a time of twitch shooters.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Hyper is a great headset, even for the steep price.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Everyone is doing survivor modes now.[/epq-quote]