Talking about why social media companies are not for free speech
Social media companies have a problem. They were once the champion of free speech and no they only give it lip service. I am fine if they do not adhere to the strict code of free speech, but, claiming you are for it and then not backing it up is wrong. The problem with social media is that no one forgets what you said. Even the companies that run it are tied to this. These tech companies need to stop saying they are for free speech and then police it somewhere else. The bad side of free speech is people are allowed to say things others do not like. The alternative is to police what we say, but, that will not make the unsavory nature of human nature go away. People will be less aware of it, until, something bad happens. This is, for the most part, how ISIS got started. Another odd thing in tech is Atari getting into the Internet of Things industry. It’s an odd move for them, but, they are not the once renowned game developer anymore. They have been looking for a way to stay relevant. This may be their way in, but, it’s still an odd move. Scroll down to hear my show.
Tech News Discussed:
- Airbnb adds a way for neighbors to complain
- Facebook, Google, Twitter and others want to police free speech to protect… in Europe
- Iran demands messaging apps that Iranian use to house their data in Country to spy on them
- Most people use apps less than 11 times
- Project Soli 2.0 is the future of wearables
- Atari is getting into the Internet of Things business because it can
- Microsoft users are turning off critical updates because of Windows 10.
- and more!
Apps/Programs to Try:
Do you think the social media companies need to stop being “champions” of free speech?