The big conversation in gaming about Steam and Epic Gaming Store. There are gamers are both sides claiming steam is monopoly and Epic is good for competition. The other side’s best argument is hovered around choice. This week we look at the economics of gaming, to find out if Steam is a monopoly or just dominate in the customers mind.
Looking at the revenue the gaming industry makes. It’s hard to see that steam is a monopoly. It has more of a dominance in the mindset of customers and it’s influence in the market.
- Gearbox CEO attacks customers over Epic Gaming Store
- Ubisoft donates to rebuild Notre-Dame
- Division 2 update attempts to improve PC performance
- Sing with friends with a karaoke game on Twitch
- Destiny 2 Arcstriders are ridiculously OP
- Apex updates: weapon nerfs, and character buffs
- EGS gets serious with security…. finally
- Is Steam a
- https://www.ea.com/news/electronic-arts-reports-q4-fy18-financial-results https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/fortnite-earned-24-billion-2018-1176660