Games and gender, it’s a tricky subject. Everyone wants to feel like their character is an extension of themselves, but, that means developers have to spend time and resources to make that happen. For big developers, that’s not a problem. For indie developers, that’s time and money being used that could be used for other things. The simple answer is, you are not going to make everyone happy. Rust came under fire for deciding your gender for you. This is an interesting move. I would not have expected a developer to do this. It’s bold, against the norm and people hate it. It’s 2016 people! We hate everything. We get offended about the smallest offenses. It will be interesting to see what happens and if other developers will try this. I was a little upset, then, thought about it, and do not care.
There’s that issue and then there’s BattleBorn. It’s a great game. I am enjoying it. The gameplay is fast, and for the most part, balanced. Listen to my podcast to hear more about BattleBorn.
Gaming News I Discuss:
- Witcher 3 gets a new picture for their final DLC
- Rust developers explain gender in their game
- Guild Wars 2 is getting an update
- Doom is having an open beta and released a new video
- City Overhaul makes Skyrim‘s cities feel like cities
- Battle.net hit with a DDoS attack
- Ubisoft fixes bug where characters are erased
- I talk about BattleBorn Open Beta
Are you going to buy BattleBorn? What do you think of the beta?
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]BattleBorn is fast, fun and addicting![/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]We think media has more control over our lives than it should.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]This Skyrim mod makes cities feel like cities, not small towns.[/epq-quote]