Google i/o starts today and a new Facebook study
Google io is here! The best part of it was the announcement of Firebase 2.0. It is shaping up to be a great tool. There are a few great tidbits. One, there is an analytics tool optimized for mobile. Two, it can be used for iOS and Android and it’s free! The demo’s today show how powerful it can be. Dynamic links will help developers get people to download their apps with fewer clicks. They can also track who’s clicking on them too. Messaging users are simple as well. Firebase allows developers to target their customers and hopefully convert mover with some timely messages. Firebase should help developers and marketers find better ways of getting those eyeballs. Let’s see if Android developers respond. On another note, I do like the change Pinterest has made to measuring the reach of pins. Instead of only counting what has been liked, repinned or saved from the source. It also counts other’s that have done the same through other accounts. Things are looking interesting in 2016. Now, on with the show!
Marketing News Discussed:
- A study on what people post on Facebook in the summer
- Facebook is testing out video comments
- Pinterest changes the metric for likes, repins and saves
- A new study finds that brands, publishers and celebrities love links in their tweets
- Twitter might remove links and pictures from their character limits
- Twitter is going to embed ads
- Talking about Google i/0 2016
- A look at Firebase
- Why you should not be like Google and bring too many similar products to the market
- and more!
Apps/Programs to check out:
What do you think about Google Firebase, Spaces, Allo and Duo?
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]I don’t understand why Google put out another messaging app.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Be sure you are not competing against yourself.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Firebase is going to be an awesome tool for developers and marketers.[/epq-quote]