Go for Pokemon. Marketers Want in on the Action
Once, again I am talking about Pokemon Go. Marketers are wanting in on the action. They see a goldmine in the popular game. Even though I am skeptical about how popular it will remain, there’s big business in it. This idea is not new. Ingress was the predecessor of Pokemon Go. Pokemon is actually an updated version of Ingress. The reason marketers want in is the amount of people playing it right now. There are millions of people playing. It’s more popular than Tinder, Twitter, and has better engagement than Facebook. That’s huge!
However, I do caution that early result can wane. We’ve seen it before. Vine is struggling with that right now. Even though it is an interesting platform. There is not a lot of interest in it anymore. I hope Vine can right the ship, but, I think it may fold into Twitter.
Anyways, on with the show!
Marketing News Analyzed:
- Facebook is testing out new Business Profiles
- There’s trouble on the Vine
- Facebook does a study on gamers, that does not define gamers…
- Businesses want in on Pokemon Go
- Oops! The Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. and the Auschwitz Memorial do not want to be a part of Pokemon Go
- FTC warns Warner Brothers about their practices with influencers.
- Mozilla is going to crowd source content
- Simply Measured brings a handy tool to marketers
- Twitter is giving more data to brands
- Podwave helps brands advertise on Podcasts
- Why you should not forget about Twitter
- and more!
Apps/Programs to Try:
Do you use Twitter well?