Warning: Rant Incoming!
Gamer’s Cafe hates bad storytelling and demands better! When making a game, storytelling is important. I feel most games do not try or do not give enough time to develop a great story. Gaming is not the only industry with this problem, movies have a tendency to follow a checklist too. This is good at times, but for truly amazing storytelling, this is not the best way. Checklists can help drive storytelling, but, it lacks that creative element. Game developers should try to find a balance in this process. I’m not saying have no deadlines, but give enough time for developing a story. Stories are great in an abstract form, but sometimes developers lose something in the process. This is of time constraints or budget. I think it’s time to look at the story again because your game suffers from terrible a story.
What I Discuss:
- The Witcher 3 takes top honors at GDC 2016
- Mirror Edge actually has a story!
- Heroes of the Storm gets a new one-lane map
- A Division player finds a glitch to go off map
- Obsidian teases a new game
- LawBreakers is a paid game that will be on Steam only.
- Tomb Raider writers discuss creating their story
- Battlefield 4 is not getting any new content
- and more!
List of Oculus Rift Launch Titles:
- Adventure Time
- AirMech: Command
- Albino Lullaby
- Audio Arena
- Dead Secret
- Defense Grid 2
- Elite Dangerous
- Esper 2
- Eve Gunjack
- Eve Valkyrie Founder’s Pack
- Fly to Kuma
- Herobound SC
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Lucky’s Tale
- Omega Agent
- Project Cars
- Radial G
- Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR
- Smashing the Battle
- Vanishing of Ethan Carter
- Vektron Revenge
- VR Tennis Online
- Pinball FX2 VR
[epq-quote align=”align-left”]I think it’s time to look at the story again because your game suffers from terrible a story.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-left”]I wish EA would make modding tools again.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-left”]It’s great to see The Witcher 3 win so many awards![/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-left”]The free-to-play model is tricky to add.[/epq-quote]