My thoughts on Facebook’s Conference and where social is going.
Welcome to another change is social media. Yes, live streaming is going to be the new “darling” of social media. 2016 is the year that we see brands divert more resources into live streaming. This means most brands cannot sit on the sidelines and watch anymore. You are going to have to choose the platform. There are a select few out there. The live streaming platforms are Periscope, Facebook live, Blab, and Google Hangouts on Air. They are mostly different from each other. Facebook is trying to own everything on the web and they are dong a good job of showing why. Facebook’s dominance will be around for years. 2016 is shaping up to be an interesting year for marketing and social media.
Marketing and Social news discussed:
- Snapchat adds emojis to faces
- Google updates GA with better Adwords integration
- GA has a new report called User Explorer
- XHamster and why taking a stand could hurt your revenue
- Facebook wants bots to be the new 1-800 number
- Facebook rolls out Instant Articles to all publishers
- Facebook and live streaming
- My speculation of what social media could become
Tools to use:
- Messenger Platform (beta)
- Facebook Live API
- Save for Facebook
- How much does a website cost
- Goals for Google Calendar
Where do you want to see social media go in the next 5 years?
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Facebook wants to rule the world! At least the digital one.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]2016 is the year live streaming goes into overdrive.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]I love the user explorer report.[/epq-quote]