Digital Coffee has chicken scratch to translate – Episode 66
Digital Coffee has chicken scratch to translate. Yes, I am writing it all down and will get back to you. Chicken Scratch is bad, but, the app Peeple is even worse. The app is all about reviewing people. It has been called, “The Yelp for people.” There was a lot of concerns with what this app is trying to accomplish. It launched and the app is troubling, to say the least. There’s a paid version that allows people to see someone’s negative reviews. The app company will not remove any content that was put on there. I have a huge problem with that policy. The biggest problem is if people use fake Facebook accounts, they can easily say things that are not true. This could be a form of bullying or blackmail. The company does not seem to care about their end-user. We will see what happens with this app. Good thing there’s more tech news to talk about!
What I discuss today:
- Home Depot to pay 19.5 million for 2014 data breach
- Yik Yak gets handles
- Transparent lets you see the changes in a news story
- Google Flights get an interests feature
- Ray Tomlinson the creator of email dies at 74
- Google hires 4chan creator
- Shorts wants you to show your camera roll
- Facebook Messenger gets material design
- and more!
- If you like my podcast, then head over to Patreon to support me!
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]We can all understand each other through Skype Translate. Peace in the world. [/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Peeple is troubling. They do not seem to care about their user base.[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Facebook gets Android… What about Twitter?[/epq-quote]
[epq-quote align=”align-center”]Ray Tomlinson is a tech hero[/epq-quote]