Oh, 2016. You had some memorable games this year. This episode I talk about my best of 2016 gaming list. I have my list and I did check it twice. This was the best game to come out of 2016. It was a good year for strategy and first-person shooters. I will miss 2016 because we got some great titles and the rise of VR. 2017 should tell us if VR is here to stay or a bust. Here’s to more exciting games in 2017. I think 2017 is the year of the RPG.
- Hero Song shuts down and developer out of business
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to showcase at CES 2017
- Developers remember Carrie Fisher
- Former Crysis studio goes independent
- A modder is recreating X-Wing in the Unity Engine.
- Hitman’s new elusive target is a food critic
- PNY gets a faster SSD
- Postal goes open source
- Star Citizen kinda has a new engine
- Windows is getting a “gaming mode”
- Day of Infamy is in beta now
- Valve gets hit by 2.4 million fine
- My Best of 2016 Gaming List
- Amazon Digital Day (only today)
- Steam Winter Sale
- TROPICO 5, DUNGEONS 2, WINGS! AND MORE UP TO -80%
- Grand Theft Auto Franchise Sale
- Capcom Games Sale
- Bestseller Sale
Highlights from the Show:
Hitman lets you get your frustration out of food critics!
It’s funny how people got mad at Star Citizen for changing engines, when, they really didn’t.
I hope this modder does finish his X-Wing project.
Items To Buy:
[shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”digital-coffee-podcast.myshopify.com” product_handle=”nintendo-gaming-brewed-coffee-mug” show=”all”] [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”digital-coffee-podcast.myshopify.com” product_handle=”digital-coffee-podcast-mug” show=”all”] [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”digital-coffee-podcast.myshopify.com” product_handle=”gaming-brewed-t-shirt” show=”all”]